Hi All,

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 9:16 AM, Nicholas Tollervey <nt...@ntoll.org> wrote:
> * Since we're spread rather thin on the ground it'd be good to coordinate a
> central "Python-UK" page for user groups / events that could contain a
> google-calendar, tweet-stream and links etc... (KISS)
> * We might be able to support the costs of running the site by having a very
> simple job-board for UK related Python jobs (er... 37signals ask for $400 for
> 30 days of advert for Ruby jobs - someone asked me to find out the figures)
> * It'd be great if there were more coordination between groups so they might
> be able to swap speakers, cooperate at events or organise activities together.

This sounds like a great idea. A suggestion though - since we're all
Python hackers, why not create a hosted website on AppEngine?
Presumably there should be no cost to operate it, considering the
amount of traffic it'll get. Also, we can host the code on github or
something and use it as an example of a Python-on-AppEngine app. Two
birds with one stone!

Cheers,
Reza

--