If it is any help Vista Print do 3 sizes of posters:

     286 x 439 mm

(286 x 439 mm)

Post messages at the till and in other small spaces.

Qty     Price
1       £3.99£1.99
2       £5.99£2.99
3       £7.99£3.99

More pricing and quantities <http://www.vistaprint.co.uk/product-presentation-info.aspx?productPresentationId=821>

     B.

     426 x 601 mm

(42.6 x 60.1 cm)

Attract customers walking past right to your window.

Qty     Price
1       £9.99£4.99
2       £18.99£9.49
3       £27.99£13.99

More pricing and quantities <http://www.vistaprint.co.uk/product-presentation-info.aspx?productPresentationId=1238>

     C.

     601 x 847 mm

(60.1 x 84.7 cm)

Make a statement in a larger space, like a lobby or cafeteria.

Qty     Price
1       £15.99£7.99
2       £30.99£15.49
3       £45.99£22.99

More pricing and quantities <http://www.vistaprint.co.uk/product-presentation-info.aspx?productPresentationId=1242>

Of course none of them are exactly 1000x1000 mm (1 m²) but that is what Sellotape is for...

Gadget/Steve