Tim Roberts wrote:
Jim Vickroy wrote:

I have a "fairly" simple test script that appears to exhibit a memory
leak when using ADO to insert rows in a SQL Server database via a
persistent connection.

Memory requirements monotonically increase with time (apparently in 4k
increments).

I'm using python 2.4.1,  win32com (pywin32 build 209), and MS Windows
XP with all current updates.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?

Any thoughts about where the problem may be?

There are a large number of Google hits for "ado memory leak".  Few of
them will probably help you, but they might provide some clues.

One good suggestion is to use a tool like PerfMon to monitor your memory
use in a more detailed way; Task Manager sometimes takes shortcuts such
that the memory use isn't really what it says it is.

Thanks Tim.

Prior to posting, I did try Google (should have mentioned that) and found a fair amount of anecdotal postings but nothing as concrete as I had hoped for.  Perhaps I should give it another try though; I may have missed something.

I did not think to try PerfMon so I will give that a look as I am not familiar with it.  Despite any shortcuts Task Manager employs, there clearly is a memory leak that is significant over a period of days and the memory requirement of the application steadily increases.

-- jv