Robin Becker wrote:
> I thought I'd check here in case anyone has already connected django to IIS.

Well I thought I'd give the isapi module a twirl as it seemed it would be easy,
but with IIS 6 running on a virtual Win Server 2003 Web edition I fell at the
first hurdle. The hosted environment is as standard as I can make it (apart
from
being on a virtual machine).

Did the advanced.py install dance and see that a virtual folder has appeared
and
that there's a new application in the extension pool. I recycled the
applications and restarted the server, but no matter I cannot get the right
page
to appear at

http://localhost/AdvancedPythonSample/

Just in case I checked and made sure that the  IWAM_XXX and IUSR_XXX accounts
for the machine both had read and execute permissions, but am unable to get the
expected result.

As an experiment I tried the same thing on another machine with IIS 5.1, but
there I get the following error when running the install

C:\Python\Lib\site-packages\isapi\samples>advanced.py install
Configured Virtual Directory: AdvancedPythonSample
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "C:\Python\Lib\site-packages\isapi\samples\advanced.py", line 174, in ?
     custom_arg_handlers = custom_arg_handlers)
   File "C:\Python\Lib\site-packages\isapi\install.py", line 556, in
HandleCommandLine
     InstallModule(conf_module_name, params, options)
   File "C:\Python\Lib\site-packages\isapi\install.py", line 478, in
InstallModule
     Install(params, options)
   File "C:\Python\Lib\site-packages\isapi\install.py", line 390, in Install
     AddExtensionFiles(params, options)
   File "C:\Python\Lib\site-packages\isapi\install.py", line 321, in
AddExtensionFiles
     options)
   File "C:\Python\Lib\site-packages\isapi\install.py", line 301, in
_AddExtensionFile
     ob.AddExtensionFile(module,
   File "C:\Python\Lib\site-packages\win32com\client\dynamic.py", line 489, in
__getattr__
     raise AttributeError, "%s.%s" % (self._username_, attr)
AttributeError: IIS://LocalHost/W3SVC.AddExtensionFile

despite this it seems that the application produces a page. However, no matter
what I try I cannot get the page to say anything other than "This module has
been imported 0 times". removeing the pyc's and or editing the .py seemed to
have no effect.

Anyone had better luck with IIS 6?
--
Robin Becker