Hello all,

I'm trying to get Pythonwin working with Movable Python.

The first step was to try using a pure Python version of the executable.
(Code reproduced below).

This appears to work (both for installed Python and Movable Python) -
however their are various minor problems I need to resolve.

I don't mind maintaining a patched version, but would appreciate some
clues. :-)

The first issue is that the run script dialog doesn't appear- instead
the file open dialog appears, and re-appears when closed. This happens
whenever the python version is run - whether from normal Python or
Movable Python.

I've isolated the problem (well - at least partly) to the
'scriptutils.py' file.

It is in the line 'if dlg.DoModal() != win32con.IDOK:' (I've messed up
line numbers sorry) in the 'RunScript' function.

When dlg.DoModal is called, DlgRunScript.OnBrowse is activated somehow...

The Python version of the executable is :

import sys
import win32ui
# importing 'intpyapp' automatically registers an app object.
from pywin.framework import intpyapp

# Remove this script name from sys.argv, else Pythonwin will try and
open it!
sys.argv = sys.argv[:-1]
# Get the MFC "app" object and boot it up.
app = win32ui.GetApp()
app.InitInstance()
app.Run()
app.ExitInstance()