Tim Golden wrote:

> (I spend most of my WMI time doing detective work like that!)
>
> I think what I meant was that the OP wanted to step through
> some kind installation process when the device was initiated.
> At least, I think that's what he wanted to do. And I'm not
> sure how much closer the WMI device objects take you to that
> dialog, which presumably just pops up.

Could be.  My interpretation was that he was writing a device installer,
where the installer at some point puts up a dialog that says "Now, plug
in the device", and then the installer finishes its work after that.
Such a thing is extremely delicate, because users rarely behave in the
predicted fashion.

We'll see when he responds.

--
Tim Roberts, [EMAIL PROTECTED]