I do this in my EggplantHelper (don't be fooled by the name, it has nothing
to do w/ Eggplant...a rename is pending).

http://wiki/Main/EggplantHelper

from xmlrpclib import *
s = ServerProxy('http://x.x.x.x:7399')
s.win32.LogOffAndOnAs('', 'username', 'password')

Pv

On 10/17/07, Larry Bates <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Matt Herbert (matherbe) wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I am stumped trying to figure out how I can automate the login/logoff
> > procedure on Windows. Here is what I know so far. First, I can logoff
> > the system pretty easily using win32api.ExitWindowsEx() function.
> > Second, I can auto logon the system (after a reboot) using the special
> > registry keys (DefaultUserName, DefaultPassword, DefaultDomain). Third,
> > I will have to wrap everything up in a service, so I can be running at
> > the desktop and the logon screen.
> >
> > So the hard part that I can't figure out, is how do I programmatically
> > initiate a logon, after a logoff? Here is the rough sequence of events I
> > want to achieve:
> >
> > 1 MyPyService is running (at desktop)
> > 2 User requests an automated test
> > 3 MyPyService starts the test
> > 4 MyPyService logs the user off
> > 5 MyPyService wait's for something to happen
> > 6 MyPyService logs a user on
> >

> > Any hints or help on step 6 would be greatly appreciated
> >
> > -Matt
>
> Maybe a use case description would help us.  Why would you want a service
> to log
> users off and back on?  If you want to run a task as a user there is a
> RunAs
> capability.  Automating logon is probably seen as a security problem by
> M$.
>
> -Larry

Windows Software Engineer in Test - Google Pack/Updater
Cell: 425-891-4796
http://wiki/Main/LogonStarter
http://wiki/Main/EggplantHelper
http://wiki/Main/WatchDog