May be your provider blocks it... try config your app to communicate through
4400 or any http port that should be allowed by your provider...hope it can
helps.
Ludo

From: João Abrantes
Sent: Monday, January 07, 2008 11:04 AM
To: Ludovic Reenaers ; python-win32@python.org
Subject: RE: [python-win32] Socket Connection Problem

To fix the nat or port forwarding problem i went to my router's page and
entered the following on the NAPT virtual server: "Transport Type: TCP ,
External Start Port: 1236, External End Port: 1236, Internal Start Port: 1236,
Internal End Port: 1236" since the socket server is binded to the port 1236
this should fix it right? But it still doesn't work.. lol I have tried to
change a lot of network configs and nothing worked ... any ideas pls?