It's been ages since I looked at this, but you need to make sure the
constants at the top of the module match your version of excel. The
ones that are currently there are for Excel XP (which is the one
before the version you're using, I believe):

EXCEL_TLB_GUID = '{00020813-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}'
EXCEL_TLB_LCID = 0
EXCEL_TLB_MAJOR = 1
EXCEL_TLB_MINOR = 4

There are very likely much nicer, and dynamic, ways to obtain these
values now. I did have   the docs at one stage, but someone else on
the list can probably answer faster than I can find them.

Unfortunately I no longer have a copy of excel to play with.  I
promise it was working with Office XP. :)

Cheers,
Chris.