On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 01:46:16PM +1100, Christopher Nilsson wrote:
> It's been ages since I looked at this, but you need to make sure the
> constants at the top of the module match your version of excel. The
> ones that are currently there are for Excel XP (which is the one
> before the version you're using, I believe):
>
> EXCEL_TLB_GUID = '{00020813-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}'
> EXCEL_TLB_LCID = 0
> EXCEL_TLB_MAJOR = 1
> EXCEL_TLB_MINOR = 4

Hi Chris,

The Python COM browser shows the same GUID for the excel type
libraries.  It does report 'Microsoft Excel 11.0 Object Library'
instead of 'version 10' which is referenced in the code.  However, if
I change the MAJOR to 2, I can't register the class at all (it reports
a library not registered error).  I can change the minor (eg, to 5 but
it still doesn't work).

Any ideas where I could get the actual numbers from?

Thanks again,
-Kevin