Hanni Ali wrote:
I am attempting to build pywin32 for a 64 bit deployment.

Wow, that's a big task. I hope you will be able to share what you learn with Mark. Many people will be interested in this in the future.

Mark will have to decide whether the 64-bit version will need to be called "pywin64"...

Although I seem to have hacked it suficiently to get it to compile linking fails with errors of this manner: MSVCRT.lib(gs_support.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp_Get
CurrentThreadId referenced in function __security_init_cookie

In my experience, this usually indicates a mismatch between compiler versions, where some of the object or libraries were compiled with a different compiler. Are you using the "amd64" libraries to link this? Have you downloaded a platform SDK, or are you using the one that ships with VS2005?

Are you compiling ON a Win64 system, or are you cross-compiling?

--
Tim Roberts, [EMAIL PROTECTED]