Hi Bob,

Coming from a VC++ to python was not that hard, but there are some mentality changes and "gotchas" when i took up python. In your case, if you want to learn MFC, well, actaully its going to a lot more "gotchas" and finer mentality changes. But i would recommend the following book if you are serious into learning MFC without getting
confused by much of other C++ stuffs :-

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Mastering-Development-Using-Visual/dp/B00002S9IV/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=software&qid=1216004029&sr=8-1

-best

Marcuys.

bob gailer wrote:
Marcus Low wrote:
Bob,

Do you mean u want to control pythonwin ide itself as somekind of automation?

Yes. I already accomplished my first goal based on what Mark told me, a program to open, size & position 5 py file edit windows - something I was doing by hand each time I started the IDE.

Next step is to save the configuration upon exiting so I can restore it at next startup.

MFC documentation will take some time to comprehend, as it is written for C++ / NET rather than Python.
If you want to control pythonwin, then its another story.

That is the story I am writing!