Hi

I've got a Python script that outputs a large text file of data and I've
recently made a simple GUI for it in Visual Basic (2008). While it's simple
enough to launch the Python script and pass it command line parameters from
VB using Shell(python etc), I'm wondering how to pass information back to VB
from Python. For example, it would be nice to be able to let VB know that
the Python script has finished (at the moment I am repeatedly checking for
the existence of the aforementioned text file, and sleeping for a short
while if it hasn't appeared, which is clumsy but works).

Ideally, I would like to be able to pass parameters to Python functions from
VB and return values back to VB, just using VB for the front end while
Python does all the hard work. I know I could just use Tkinter but is this
sort of integration between Python and VB possible?

Mark Norley