Brian Parma wrote:

I was under the impression that SetCursor sets the mouse cursor 'system-wide', not just for your window. At least that's how it seems to work in this C++ example:

No.  It did in Win16, but not in the Win32 systems.

For the second part, this example produces it. It uses PyQt4, could that be causing the problem? It changes the Icon on any key press when the window has focus.

Hmmm, I don't know enough about Qt to answer that. It's quite possible that Qt is doing its own cursor management, and is not expecting you to call the API behind its back.

--
Tim Roberts, [EMAIL PROTECTED]