Dror Cohen wrote:
Hi everybody, for a long time I'm trying to get my current typing language in windows. At the moment I'm thinking about using either GetKeyboardLayout or ITfInputProcessorProfiles that holds the **GetCurrentLanguage* <http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms628562%28VS.85%29.aspx> function. It seems that using GetKeyboardLayout will be a lot easier but I just can't find this function in the win32api functions list.

I freely admit I know next to nothing about this aspect of
Windows, but to help you along, it's nearly trivial to
access this function via ctypes:

<code>
import ctypes

print ctypes.windll.user32.GetKeyboardLayout (0)

</code>

You then have the issue of what to do with the result,
but I'm sure you're up to that challenge.

TJG