I just discovered a third possibility, and subsequent failure:

>>> obj_i2 = Dispatch(obj, None, Interface_2.CLSID)
>>> obj_i2.secondaryMethod()
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\win32com\client\__init__.py",
line 449, in _ApplyTypes_
    dispid, 0, wFlags, retType, argTypes, *args),
com_error: (-2147352573, 'Member not found.', None, None)

Alec