Michael Kesper wrote:
Hi,

* Tim Golden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2008-08-27 14:35:37 +0100]:
You might be able to get there with WMI. The following
works on my own machine, but I'm not sure what machine
you'd need to access to list the DFS shares. I'll see
if I can persuade a friendly admin here to let me try
things out:

Thanks for your answer. I try to try it. ;)
I can access the DFS share properties via mmc from one special server,
so I think I'll need to run my scripts there.
As you probably guessed, there's no python installed there.

That's not problem. The great thing with WMI is
that it's installed *everywhere* and by the glory
of DCOM (!) using it is a breeze. Just take that code
snippet and change the line:

 c = wmi.WMI ()

to:

 c = wmi.WMI ("other-machine-with-dfs")