Dahlstrom, Roger wrote:
> If you can read the registry, you can save it without any other special
> permissions.  It is just text.
>
> Just export a branch of your own registry and open it with notepad to see the
> format.  I do it all the time, it works fine.

Well, you are simplifying things a bit too much.  The registry itself is
NOT, in fact, text.  It is an indexed, hierarchical database.  You can
certainly use regedit to export a key to text, but the question here was
about doing it programmatically, without regedit.  Regedit supports the
backup/restore function that Tim mentioned, but to do so, it has to
acquire backup privileges.  If you want to use the same functions from
your own program, YOU have to acquire the backup privileges.

--
Tim Roberts, [EMAIL PROTECTED]