From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Tim Roberts
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2008 1:43 PM
To: 'Python-Win32 List'
Subject: Re: [python-win32] Walking the registry and creating reg files

Dahlstrom, Roger wrote:
> Well, like I said, I've never done it in Python, and this is going back a
> bit, so some things might be different, but I'm not talking about RegSaveKey
> or RegRestoreKey, I'm talking about using EnumKey and CreateKey.  As far as I
> can remember, I didn't have any special permissions for that.

You are quite correct.  It's only those two specific functions
(RegSaveKey and RegRestoreKey) that need special privileges.  It just so
happens that's what Tim G was talking about.

So, we're all in violent agreement...

--
Tim Roberts, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

DISCLAIMER:
addressee(s) named herein and
may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not
the intended recipient
of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or
copying of this e-mail, and
any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this in
error, please immediately notify
me and permanently delete the original and any copy of any e-mail and any
printout thereof.
E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. The sender
therefore does not accept
liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which
arise as a result of e-mail transmission.

NOTICE REGARDING PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY
Direct Edge ECN LLC may, at its discretion, monitor and review the content of
all e-mail communications.

www.directedge.com