From: python-win32-bounces+rdahlstrom=directedge....@python.org
[mailto:python-win32-bounces+rdahlstrom=directedge....@python.org] On Behalf Of
Dominick Lauzon
Sent: Friday, December 12, 2008 9:54 AM
To: python-win32@python.org
Subject: [python-win32] Writing to Excel performance

Hi,

I have large matrices of data to push to excel and I find the writing of data
to excel to be excessively slow (cell by cell method) even if the Visible is to
False.

Right now I reverted back to a 2 step CSV - Import to Excel but it is far from
ideal.

Is there any trick to accumulate the data and push it to Excel all at once or
any other way to improve performance altogether ?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Domnick Lauzon

DISCLAIMER:
addressee(s) named herein and
may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not
the intended recipient
of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or
copying of this e-mail, and
any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this in
error, please immediately notify
me and permanently delete the original and any copy of any e-mail and any
printout thereof.
E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. The sender
therefore does not accept
liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which
arise as a result of e-mail transmission.

NOTICE REGARDING PRIVACY AND CONFIDENTIALITY
Direct Edge ECN LLC may, at its discretion, monitor and review the content of
all e-mail communications.

www.directedge.com