Hello everyone,

I've been able to successfully build a MSI of pywin32 under Python 2.6.2. But, when trying to use python, e.g. "import win32api", after installing the MSI I get:

With the help of a colleague, I discovered the problem is due to python not finding pywintypes26.dll. This file was installed by the MSI. It's in:

C:\Python26\Lib\site-packages\pywin32_system32

but that location is not being searched when importing.

I can either:

- set PATH=c:\Python26\Lib\site-packages\pywin32_system32;%PATH%
- then importing win32api works fine.

or

- move pywintypes26.dll to c:\Python26\Lib\site-packages\win32
- then importing win32api works fine.

Any suggestions as to the "right" way to fix this, as well as what to switch up in the setup.py file so the MSI is built in a manner that will work out of the box?

Thanks!
-Roberto.