On 23/06/2009 10:09 AM, Roberto Aguilar wrote:

To fix the msi installation part, I generate an msi-specific
pywin32-postinstall script (pywin32_msi_postinstall.py) which simply
replaces the contents of if __name__ == '__main__' with install(). That
file is then added to the MSI package.

I've got no problem with changing the script to 'install' by default, so long as it kept all the other existing behaviour and options, particularly printing usage if an 'unknown' option, like --help, is used. '-install' should still be supported even if pywin32's setup.py no longer provides it. That would make for a much cleaner change IMO.

If you can knock up a patch like that which works for you, please send it my way....

Cheers,