Hi,

I am trying to write a shell context menu handler, based on the example
I found in Lib\site-packages\win32comext\shell\demos\servers. My
ultimate goal is to have a single top-level menu, with a number of
submenu entries determined at runtime. (I want to make a launcher for
command prompts, so I can open a command prompt at a given directory
with appropriate settings for python: path, C compiler, etc.)

Anyway, I have noticed that once I register the shell extension,
unregistering, changing the code, and reregistering doesn't work: I get
the old code. On top of that, I have managed to mess up the code so the
message box no longer appears when I click the menu item. I need to find
a way to debug my code!

So, two questions:

1) Is it possible to completely unload the shell extension, so that
registering it again gets me the newer version? I'd rather not reboot
after every code change.

2) I see print statements in the source code, but I have no idea where
they go; I checked the event log, but they are not there. Are they
logged anywhere? If not, why are they there to begin with?

Any other tip on how to effectively debug this stuff would be most
welcome as well.

Regards,
Gertjan.