Just an aside on restarting explorer...

In case explorer doesn't restart automatically, you can easily start it up
again manually from the task manager (which you should have open from
killing the process).

File->NewTask, then type explorer.

I'm sure this isn't news to most people here, but I'm often surprised by ppl
not knowing this trick.

Kevin Horn