Gertjan Klein wrote:
Randy Syring wrote:

Maybe I am missing something, but I use the "Open Command Window Here" power toy from:

You're missing something. ;-) I have used that one too, for years, and
it works reasonably well -- until you have multiple Python versions
installed, and want to compile extensions for all of them. That means
setting up different compiler environments.  I currently have two: one
for VS.NET 2003, and one for VS2008.  Occasionally, I want to experiment
with Cygwin/Mingw as well; that would make three. I'm sure I'll come up
with more once I get this extension working. ;)

For organisational purposes, I'd like all these different command
prompts grouped in a submenu as well. It just seems like a nice tool to
have, and something "real" to play with pywin32 as well.

Gertjan.
Obviously if you are wanting to play with something, then by all means, have at it!

How I handle this on my vista system which has both Python 2.5 and Python 2.6, is that I have setup batch files to setup the environment appropriately. So, I get a command prompt and then type either:

`python25` or `python26`

and then I am ready to go.

Randy Syring
RCS Computers & Web Solutions
502-644-4776
http://www.rcs-comp.com

"Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory
of God." 1 Cor 10:31