Not tested, but :

Google: splash screen tkinter

=> http://code.activestate.com/recipes/534124-elegant-tkinter-splash-screen/

tkinter is included with python.

Vernon Cole a écrit :
Malcolm:

I used to have exactly what you need. Unfortunately, when I checked just now, I find that I failed to "lift" a copy of the source code when I left the place where I wrote it. "It" was a command line utility which accepted as arguments the name of a .jpg file and the number of seconds to display it before exiting. As it happens, mine was written in wxPython. Any of the previous suggestions would be a good start. The point is that you have your console program run the splash as a separate (non-console) program -- using a "Run and don't wait" OS call -- so that the GUI stuff is not complicating your console code. My application displayed a cartoon of a human skeleton looking at a computer display which said "Please Wait." It was placed at the beginning of a long and complicated automatic login script for a dedicated workstation and displayed for 20 seconds. It completely eliminated anxious users trying to poke at the workstation before it was ready. Yes, the extra .exe and the .jpg will add a little weight to your distribution, but storage is cheap these days, and user satisfaction is worth it, IMHO.
--
Vernon