Hi Tim and Roberto,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I somehow messed up with my account and didn't
receive any email so I didn't see your replies until I checked the archive
today, so sorry for the late reply.

I wonder if ctype can be used on C++ code as well? By searching on line the
answer I found seems to be that it can't, but I don't know if those are the
"right" answers. If ctype can be used on C++ then it seems like the most
straightforward way to go, is that correct?

The applications I would like to test by exposing their APIs are not designed
to be controlled programmatically, and even though some of them have very
limited COM interface, most don't.  And I think I probably need to expose a
function from here and a function from there depending on what I need to drive
my test.

And I would like that there is a clear cut between the test code (the code
added into the source code in order to expose the function to Python) and the
product code, in another word, I would like my test code to be as least
intrusive to the product code as possible.

So if ctype cannot be used on C++, then between COM, SWIG and PyCXX, which
would be a better choice? Also Tim you mentioned learning curve of SWIG, I
wonder how is that compared to COM?

Thanks,
Eileen