As a work-around, try doing the problematic import in the top-level of the module rather than in a method.

HTH,

Mark

On 29/01/2011 3:15 AM, Mauro wrote:
I tried to dig a little further in this, but with no success.
I can import the module with no problem and I can't replicate the error
outside of the COM object.

If I run in pythonWin the following lines

 >>> from win32com.server.policy import _import_module
 >>> a= _import_module('scikits.timeseries.cseries')
 >>> a
<module 'scikits.timeseries.cseries' from
'C:\Appl\Python27\lib\site-packages\scikits.timeseries-0.91.3-py2.7-win32.egg\scikits\timeseries\cseries.pyd'>

I do not get any error. Matt Knox suggested it could have something to
do with threading, but even calling CoInitialize before importing the
scikits.timeseries module does not solve the problem.

Why would 'cseries' fail to load only when used though the com interface?

Any help?

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 12:15 AM, Mark Hammond <skippy.hamm...@gmail.com