On 23/02/2012 4:36 PM, Kyle wrote:
Bill, did you ever find a resolution to your pythonservice.exe issue?

I've got the PyWin32 extensions installed in a private site-packages
directory under my stuff, which isn't the same as the Python
site-packages site.  I need a way to set PYTHONPATH, or in some other
way initialize the DLL load path and Python sys.path, before running the
pythonservice.exe, don't I?  Otherwise, this load of "servicemanager"
will fail (and Py_Initialize() will fail if I don't copy
pythonservice.exe to the same location as python.exe and python26.dll).

I have the same requirement.  I need to be able to package up a private copy
of python and pywin32 under my own  directory.

I'm trying Mark's PyNativePipeTestService script, but I receive the same
error (WinXP):

[SC] StartService FAILED 1053:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely
fashion.

In my experience, this simply means the service just failed. I'd suggest checking the event log and/or using the win32trace module to try and see what is going on.