On 23/01/2013 19:55, Jean Rousseau wrote:
Tim,

OK, so I restored the server VM from backup, ran the existing service
(which worked fine) and then copied across and installed my new service .py
files and installed. ALL of this still working on Python 3.2.3 and
pywin-217. I ran pythonservice with the debug switch on, and now I think
we're much closer to the root cause (the Python 3.3.0 upgrade etc was a red
herring).

Here's the error I now get:
E r r o r   0 x C 0 0 0 0 0 F 4   -   C o u l d   n o t   f i n d   t h e
s e
r v i c e ' s   P y t h o n C l a s s   e n t r y   i n   t h e   r e g i s
t r
E r r o r   1 8 1 4   -   T h e   s p e c i f i e d   r e s o u r c e   n a
m e
   c a n n o t   b e   f o u n d   i n   t h e   i m a g e   f i l e .
E r r o r   0 x C 0 0 0 0 0 8 0   -   C o u l d   n o t   l o c a t e   t h
m o d u l e   n a m e   i n   t h e   P y t h o n   c l a s s   s t r i n g
   (
i e ,   n o   ' . ' )

Well, I checked the registry and the entry for the service is there, along
with all the meta-data that it apparently requires (ie. PythonClass IS
there with it's full path and (.) dot etc). This makes no sense to me...

Nor me, either, I'm afraid. Hopefully someone else can chip in.

I realise that the service was running successfully under the old configuration, but is there any mileage in your showing us the Python code around the service, in case something jumps out?

TJG