Sean Murphy wrote:
> I am very very new to Python. I have read the book on programming for Windows
> with Python that was released in 2000. The book is very good but doesn't give
> me the basic information I am seeking. Since I am a beginner programmer.

I want to caution you that you have an awful lot of fundamental concepts
to get down before you're ready to tackle something like this.  You have
to learn the Python language, which means learning the concepts of
class-based and object-oriented programming.  After getting
straight-line programming, you'll have to learn the concepts of
event-driven programming, which is the paradigm used by all of the
modern GUIs.  Then, you'll need to learn the idiosyncracies of whatever
GUI library you choose, all of which make compromises to mate with the
variations in the operating systems they support.

> I want to create a GUI windows app with Python. The program has to use
> default Windows 32 or 64 bit objects.

I'm curious to know what you meant by that.  Do you simply mean you
don't want to buy any components?  Because essentially all of the major
Python GUI toolkits have their own library of components that are vastly
simpler to use than the SDK components.

If you REALLY just want to write an MFC program in Python, it's possible
to do that using pywin32, but it's not really very Python-like.