Hi everybody,

There's a problem in my Windows 7 machine that I want to diagnose using
Python.

Once in a while, I'm noticing that focus is being stolen from the active
window and then immediately given back. For example, right now as I'm
writing this message to you in GMail, I see that the window title, once in
about 5 seconds, changes its color rapidly from active to inactive and then
to active again. This happens not only in Chrome but in any program. It
doesn't always happen, but it's been happening on some days during the last
few months. This is really annoying because if I opened a dropdown, for
example, this action makes the dropdown disappear. Another example is that
if I'm renaming a file in explorer, when the event happens it's as if I
pressed "enter" and the file gets the partial name before I finished
typing.

I'm guessing that some app that's installed on my computer is causing this,
but I don't know which one. I want to use Python to figure out which one. I
want to set Python up to listen to WM_ACTIVATE events (or any other kind of
events? Please let me know) and write a log saying which program the focus
was passed to. I'm hoping that this way I can find the offending program.

I have no idea how to write a thing like this in Python, and whether this
is even possible. Can you please help me?

Thanks for your help,
Ram Rachum.