From: "thiemo theile" <thiemo.the...@slf.ch>

Yes, I compiled all the sources with the same compiler. At least every source
code which is part of the meteoio-library. What do you mean by "ALL sources"?
Here is what I do:
-generate the project with cmake setting "generator" to "Visual Studio 15 2017"
and "inheritEnvironments" to "msvc_x86". Then build the dll (libmeteoio.dll).
-run setup.py with python3.7_32bit. setuptools automatically finds the correct
compiler (Visual Studio 2015) and builds the wrapper (pyd-file)

-alternatively I can add all the source files to my setup.py (instead of using
the dll). the wrapper also builds fine. but I get the same crashes when using
the wrapper in a python script.

I always add all source files to setup.py because distutils set compiler flags
compatible with python runtime DLL. If the C++ project needs specific C++
flags, they can be set in setup.py

Niki