From:   "Nikolai Spahiev" <n...@vintech.bg>
To:     "thiemo theile" <thiemo.the...@slf.ch>
Cc:     "python-win32" <python-win32@python.org>
Date:   12.02.2019 10:05
Subject:        Re: python-win32 Digest, Vol 190, Issue 2

From: "thiemo theile" <thiemo.the...@slf.ch>

Yes, I compiled all the sources with the same compiler. At least every
source code which is part of the meteoio-library.  What do you mean by
"ALL sources"? Here is what I do:
-generate the project with cmake setting "generator" to "Visual Studio 15
2017" and "inheritEnvironments" to "msvc_x86". Then build the dll
(libmeteoio.dll).
-run setup.py with python3.7_32bit. setuptools automatically finds the
correct compiler (Visual Studio 2015) and builds the wrapper (pyd-file)

-alternatively I can add all the source files to my setup.py (instead of
using the dll). the wrapper also builds fine. but I get the same crashes
when using the wrapper in a python script.

I always add all source files to setup.py because distutils set compiler
flags compatible with python runtime DLL. If the C++ project needs
specific C++ flags, they can be set in setup.py

Niki