Hey Tony,

I haven't used celery for more than a super simple addition as a local
background task queue to a Django server, so I thought I would ask
specifically related to the render farm concept that Marcus mentioned, and
celery's granularity. Does celery give you the control to define the
scheduler? In the case where you want to direct tasks to the best fitting
workers, does celery take into account available resources on the workers
vs requested resources of the task? In situations where you want to direct
to a subset of workers or a specific worker, does that equal a new queue?
Do workers have to be preconfigured with "slots" and do tasks consume N
available slots?

I can see how well suited celery would be for generalized task
distribution, but I am curious how much support is included vs how much has
to be developed as another layer to handle the type of profile of a render
queue, where the focus is trying to reach and maintain maximum resource
utilization and task throughput, and the least amount of task re-queues.
And also with the need for priority sorting. But again maybe that is
something that has to be a scheduler that sits in front of it actually
going into the celery queues.

Just curious what your thoughts are on the celery architecture for this
kind of application, from your experience with it?