Hi Kenneth,

I believe you should be able to use a usercustomize.py which will be loaded
just after sitecustomize.py.
Also, you can load both a userSetup.mel and a userSetup.py. Mind you,
userSetup.py is called later than userSetup.mel and cannot perform all
commands that userSetup.mel can perform…

And from python, you can dynamically import other scripts, perhaps based
off your machine names… (haven’t tried this myself)

import socket
moduleNames = [ 'sys', 'os', socket.gethostname() ]
modules = map(__import__, moduleNames)

By the way, I’ve never gotten around reading up on how the
site/usercustomize.py differs from the userSetup.py/mel – and I can’t find
any documentation on sitecustomize.py … what’s the main difference?

// Fredrik

Hey everyone,

​