It should move the vertices, I assume very subtle; otherwise if it's too
exaggerated the angle or flow of the polygons that make up the appearance
of the mesh will be altered.

How it should move the vertices, if there is some intelligence that can
verify the axis or array of axis to which need to be moved to make the
polygon(s) non-planar.