Hi Marcus, well all the code I've done over the last 3 years has been Red9
so kind of not surprising, also most of it is open source ;)

Here's the plugin:
https://github.com/markj3d/Red9_StudioPack/blob/master/plug-ins/SnapRuntime.py

snapTransforms:
https://github.com/markj3d/Red9_StudioPack/blob/master/core/Red9_AnimationUtils.py
 around line: 2960

be great to get this nailed as I'm out of ideas.

thanks

Mark