I'm working with some animators who are currently doing a lot of multi
vehicle animations. In order to save some time we are currently creating a
motion path curve for each vehicle and using the U value to set the
position of a locator along the curve. Through a series of offsets this
locator is then geoemetry constrained/normal constrained to a proxy version
of the environment. This is a pretty ideal way for the animators to work
with the slight problem that the frame rate in the scene and playback is
horrendously slow.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience doing something similar or any
suggestions of a more performative way of doing this. I don't really have
the time/experience with the C++ api to write something like this from
scatch.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks in advance.