Hi,

I've been able to make pygame-ctypes works with SDL.dll and SDL_Image.dll built from "unofficial" wince project files of SDL, with very minimal changes.

I'm keen to package this and make it public, but you must note this is very experimental and is a bit slow. The constraints explained by Christopher, especially regarding current directory support, applies here too.

I did not manage to compile the C version with evc++4 but I'd like to give a try later with cegcc, unfortunately I do not have the time for this yet.

Also, before rushing in compilation, it may be interesting to benchmark pygame and pygame-ctypes on desktop to evaluate if there would be a really speed gain in using a compiled version.

As pygame is mostly a wrapper around SDL, I found it hard to evaluate the overhead caused by using ctypes instead of c code. A benchmark would help us to see clearer.

Regards,
Alexandre