Just a slight clarification:

Roger Binns wrote:
If you look at open source graphical toolkits that support at least
two platforms, you won't find any that started on the Mac.  These
are the ones I know of that can be used from Python and where they started.

 - QT (Unix)
 - wxWidgets (Windows)
>  - Fox (Unix)

Actually, I know wxWidgets was designed, from the beginning, to be cross platform, specifically targeting Windows and Unix (X, originally Motif). I think that's where the "w" and "x" comes from.

I think QT and Fox were designed that way from the start as well.

You're certainly correct that none of them had the Mac as a target at the beginning. If only Apple would port Cocoa to Unix and Windows.

Bob Ippolito wrote:
I think we're probably going to have real GNUStep support for PyObjC sometime in the next few months.

Cool. How usable is GnuStep on Windows now? and how compatible are GnuStep and Cocoa?

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

[EMAIL PROTECTED]