On 12-feb-2006, at 20:48, Bob Ippolito wrote:

On Feb 12, 2006, at 11:38 AM, Bill Janssen wrote:

The system version is installed in /usr/bin. Or do you mean we should
only support some future version where Apple doesn't place python in
/usr/bin (which I hope doesn't happen)?

Yes, that was the idea.  /usr/libexec/python, or some other directory
unlikely to be on the user's path by default.

I don't know about "only support".  "Hope for" was more like it.

It's not really a good idea, and it certainly has near zero chance of happening -- ever. Asking Apple to move their Python interpreter is dead in the water.

I sure hope so. /usr/bin/python has its uses.

Ronald