Jacob Rus wrote:
>> It might be handy to compare versions with 2D-snakes and 3D-snakes side
>> by side

+1 on the glossy: it really says OS-X

> I don't think stealing the Apple Installer icon is a good idea for
> .egg though - double-clicking it doesn't install anything.

Yet. We have talked about making a app that's a front end to
easy-install, that would install an .egg. Maybe we should save the icons
for that. Remember that on OS-X icons are primarily associated with
applications, rather than file types, so that when you associate an
application to a file type, you get the icon from that application (at
least by default). That that icon is the "Egg Installer" icon, rather
than the egg icon.

This applies to any of the *.egg icons proposed.

Question: Do icons need to be associated with applications? Personally,
I'd love to have all my *.py files have a nice python icon, but be able
to choose what text editor or IDE I'd want them to open up with my
default (and it won't be IDLE!). i.e. I want the python icon, NOT the
BBedit icon, even though I usually use BBedit to edit python files.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

[EMAIL PROTECTED]