On 10/12/06, Dethe Elza <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 12-Oct-06, at 9:49 AM, Bob Ippolito wrote:
>
> > plist thing just doesn't happen?
>
> Doesn't appear to.

I still don't know what you're talking about.

> > The plugin bootstrap is broken. They won't start.
>
> So where do I look?  This used to work beautifully.  Is the plugin
> bootstrap the __boot__.py file or is it in C or Objective-C?  Do we
> know how long this has been broken, so I can look at the context-
> appropriate diffs?

I think it's been broken since the release of 0.3, but it could've
happened some time later. I didn't have any easy to run examples or
use cases for them when I was finishing it, so they fell out of
maintenance.

I haven't used py2app or PyObjC for months... been really busy with
work, and no GUI toy projects. This leaves me with very little free
coding time, and when I have it I'm not very motivated to work on
stuff I don't have any plans to use any time soon.

> > The fact that plugins are broken is not documented, but neither is
> > anything else about plugins.
>
> They're minimally documented, but that was enough to get me going and
> I've been building plugins reliably for months, until now.  Right now
> I'm looking at how to return to distutils-based builds and an earlier
> version of py2app, since that worked.

The documentationf or 0.3 makes a couple mentions of plugins, but
there is no documentation at all for how to create one. You must be
referring to the old documentation.

-bob