I've just stumbled across the Python-Ogre project (http://www.pythonogre.com/ ). It looks fantastic, but the only binary is for Windows. That seems a little silly for a set of cross-platform-language bindings to a cross-platform library. :)

There are older build instructions for Mac OS X available, as well as Linux (and pretty much anything that works on Linux can be made to work on OS X). And of course OS X has high-quality OpenGL drivers built in, and a great uniformity of hardware and OS configurations compared to Linux or Windows. So it ought to be fairly easy to keep this running well on the Mac, enabling great Python 3D game development that's truly cross-platform.

But I don't know if I can do all that myself... is anyone else here interested in this? Perhaps we could share the maintenance.

Best,
- Joe