Ronald Oussoren wrote:
This is very useful for things like iPython, that let you run an interactive interpreter in the main thread, and all the gui calls are run in another (but all the same one) thread, so you can have an interactive interpreter, and GUI display. This is great for doing interactive plotting with matplotlib, for instance.

Do you really think that Cocoa does not support that? I know there is a Cocoa back-end for Matplotlib, though I don't know for sure if anyone is using with with iPython.

Cocoa does not support this, the main thread has special signifance and the GUI runloop must be in that thread.

Darn. well, it will be interesting to see how this plays out then wxCocoa starts seeing wider use.

Thanks,
-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

chris.bar...@noaa.gov