Tom Loredo wrote:
In the past I've also used wxpython for matplotlib, but the wxpython
situation with Snow Leopard seems even more confusing than the tkinter
situation!

How so? Difficult, maybe, but it shouldn't be confusing:

wxPython is 32 bit, you need to use it with 32 bit Python.

It's 32 bit because it is built on top of Carbon, which is 32 bit. There is a Cocoa version in the works, which I think will be released soon, and it should be full on 64 bit, but I don't know when it will be complete/robust enough for general use.

I'm quite happy with wx for MPL and all sorts of other stuff, though I"m not on Snow Leopard yet, either.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

chris.bar...@noaa.gov