Russell Owen wrote:
I'll expect our observatory to send me a 10.4 Mac in a few weeks. I plan to build the packages on that -- both to assure that the packages will run on 10.4 and as a way of testing my released application.

I'm sure the gcc will be rather outdated, but I hope it will be tolerable.

I was having pretty good luck with my 10.4 system when I still had a a couple months ago.

All that said, I sure wish I knew what was wrong. bdist_mpkg is not getting any attention and at some point it may just break, leaving us with no obvious way to build binary installers.

well -- I don't think it does all that much, and the only tricky part should be what's also used in py2app, so it may not be that bad.

I suspect the problem is with binary libs, not with bdist_mpkg.

-Chris

Regards,

-- Russell