Hi,

I would like to interact with the content of an editor (simple single file editor will do) using Python on OS 10.6. The python script will run in the background and do stuff (like open pop-up windows etc) based on evaluating the text entered into the editor.

I am a Python novice, but am familiar with C/Matlab programming. And I want to learn whatever is necessary to get this done.

What would be the easiest way to go about this ? Using wxPython's text controls ? I would really like to interact with a full-fledged editor if possible. Would Scintilla be an option ? Maybe something using AppleScript and TextEdit ?

Thanks much !!

Suresh