Hi, and thanks for all the answers.

What I wanted to do is distribute a small python app that depends on wx and
a few other dependencies.
I have a computer running ubuntu 10.04 and I need to distrubute the app to
my students who run windows (and do not have python or know how to work the
comand line).
I used py2exe on xp in virtualbox, and the independent executable came out
fine.

Apple does not allow you to run their os on non-apple hardware which means
that it is next to impossible to create mac executables without apple
hardware legally? This is a pity, because I do not want to force even more
people to Microsoft.

/Bjorn